This episode is brought to you by ISCAR with New Ideas for Machining Intelligently.
Convenio Technologies’ President, Rich Martin joins me from Easley, South Carolina, for the MMT Chat all about the new venture—a group of manufacturing partners has come together to offer flexibility of services to the marketplace to get the job done.
I’ve known Rich since the early days of MoldMaking Technology. He has a wealth of experience and a deep passion for moldmaking. I got him to open up about the motivation behind this new company, the meaning behind the name, and what this team of partners offers to the manufacturing industry.
Here are just a few tidbits to whet your appetite:
- Convenio is the ongoing tense for continually gathering
- We are gathering together to say yes to customers
- It's all about flexibility, agility and service.
- Bring a value proposition to our customer base that they don’t currently have
- Manufacturing services to all markets
- We are more than sharing work—work individually or as a group.
- Each shop’s network has the other resources to get the job done efficiently and as cost-effective as possible
- You are only as good as your last delivery.
- We can flex from 5 tools to 30 tools.
- Big enough to handle big jobs and small enough to maintain relationships
- Key is our execution of the day-to-day.
- Out biggest technology weapon is people.
- We are a technical manufacturing rep group.
- Our collaborative approach packages the capabilities of 6 domestic companies as well as companies in Europe and Asia that offer customized tooling solutions for thermoplastics, thermoset, die-cast, and die stamping.
- Handpicked family-owned businesses.
- Offer “ready to bolt-on” solutions.
- We are “big enough to handle major programs, but small enough to build working relationships and personalize our customer service”.