Employment Opportunity: Tool Shop Supervisor
North American Lighting (NAL), located outside of Evansville, IN, seeks an individual to be responsible for second shift mold making production, at the Indiana Tool Plant (ITP), in Elberfeld, IN.
NAL, located outside of Evansville, IN, seeks an individual to be responsible for its second shift mold making production. ITP specializes in building and designing complex thermoplastic and thermoset plastic injection molds. This person is expected to utilize a “hands on” approach to leadership to ensure that CNC machine run times are upheld and mold production schedules are met. Prior experience as an expert mold maker is required.
- Oversees and directs the work of the hourly production staff on second shift
- Works with Tool Engineers, Designers, and Tool Shop Foreman to understand job scope
- Plans the build of plastic injection molds from start to finish
- Works with the Scheduler to develop job schedule
- Works with first shift Supervisor to know schedule of work to be completed on second shift
- Follows the flow of job through the shop to verify that all pieces get made
- Verifies that all time tickets submitted for the build time on each mold and component are correct
- Maintains a detailed accounting of the time required to build each mold and component
- Stays current with latest machining hardware improvements/upgrades
- Provides technical support for continuous improvement equipment and processes
- Oversees, coordinates, and/or performs all plant related activities and issues on second shift
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies:
- Must meet one of the following Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology or a related discipline, plus 4 to 6 years of experience in building injection molds ― including 2 years in a lead or supervisory role; OR
- Associate’s Degree in Tool/Die Technology or a related discipline, plus 6 to 8 years of experience in building injection molds ― including 2 years in a lead or supervisory role; OR
- Journeyman Tool/Die Maker, plus 4 to 6 years of experience building injection molds ― including 2 years in a lead or supervisory role
- Experience in automotive lighting and in a JIT manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Ability to read and work off of blueprints and tool drawings
- Mechanical and machining skills (including hand working skills)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills – proficient in basic business software (including MS Office)
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Interpersonal skills — to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority
Compensation package includes competitive salary, relocation, 401k, medical, dental, life, LTD, STD, paid vacation and holidays plus tuition reimbursement. ITP is a division of NAL, a billion-dollar company specializing in automotive lighting manufacturing. NAL employs approximately 6,000 diverse men and women who create the value-added products and innovative solutions on which our customers rely. NAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Valve gate installations must be made to manufacturer specs to obtain the advantages necessary for competitive production of injection molded parts in today’s marketplace.
An injection mold expert speaks out against high-cavitation molds. There is a time and a place for them, he contends, but they should not be chosen for financial considerations alone.
A Series of International Standards for Quality Management and Quality Assurance