Job Opening: Moldmaking – Supervisor, North American Lighting Inc.
Exterior lighting supplier North American Lighting Inc. is seeking for a Moldmaking Supervisor to oversee and coordinate injection mold production at its Elberfield, Indiana plant.
North American Lighting Inc. (NAL, Paris, Illinois), a Tier 1 automotive exterior lighting supplier in North America, is actively seeking to fill the position of Moldmaking – Supervisor.
Located at NAL’s Indiana Tool Plant (ITP, Elberfield, Indiana) which specializes in the designing and building of plastic injection molds, this position oversees and coordinates the work of moldmakers and manual machinists to ensure the production of quality thermoplastic and thermoset injection molds. The supervisor is responsible for people management, project management, process improvement activities and adhering to company procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs the work of the moldmakers and manual machinists.
- Provides technical support for continuous improvement processes.
- Ensures all parts and processes in the mold build meet all NAL quality standards.
- Works with tooling engineers, designers and other stakeholders to establish job scope.
- Plans the build of plastic injection mold from start to finish.
- Maintains a detailed accounting of the time required to build each mold to stay within budget.
- Arranges for outside service for the Tool Assembly Department.
- Stays current with latest machining hardware improvements/upgrades.
- Follows all NAL safety guidelines to ensure a safe work environment exists.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial technology or a related discipline, plus 4-6 years of experience in building injection molds—including 2 years in a lead or supervisory role; OR
- Associate degree in tool/die technology or a related discipline, plus 6-8 years of experience in building injection molds—including 2 years in a lead or supervisory role; OR
- Journeyman Tool/Die Maker, plus 4-6 years of experience building injection molds—including 2 years in a lead or supervisory role.
(Experience in automotive lighting and in a JIT manufacturing environment is preferred.)
- Strong knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Ability to read and work off blueprints and tool drawings.
- Mechanical and machining skills (including hand working skills).
- Analytical, problem-solving, leadership, coaching and planning skills.
- Computer skills—proficient in basic business software (including MS Office).
- Written and verbal communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills—to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority.
NAL offers competitive wages, excellent benefits and an outstanding retirement program. Relocation assistance is available for this position. Please apply for this position directly at www.nal.com.