The Race Is On
To Michigan. At least that is where Team MMT will be racing to this June for our annual amerimold expo, and we’re hoping to see you there too.
This year’s event taking place June 13 & 14 at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI, is the place for mold manufacturers to gather and learn. We have put together a program to help you maximize your exposure to industry leaders in mold manufacturing through our technical conference, exhibitor showcase, keynote showfloor presentations and networking opportunities.
We know you will return to your shops with both technology and business development ideas and strategies that will be highlighted on the exhibit floor (see Exhibitor Product Showcase on page 48) as well as in the technical sessions and keynote presentations.
• Joe Gibbs Racing, Mark Bringle, Technical Sponsorship and Marketing Director for JGR NASCAR Cup, Nationwide, Motorcross and Supercross Teams
An update on the JGR team and an in-depth look at the technologies and strategies that allow the team to take a part from concept to installation on the car in record time.
• Roush Performance Products, Gary Jurick, VP and General Manager
A look at the design, engineering and building of the Roush Stage 3 Mustang (2013 Roush Mustang will be on display.)
• Reshoring Initiative, Harry Moser, Founder
A real-world look at how to bring back manufacturing via update on the Reshoring Initiative, government initiatives and relevant industry data, as well as information on the Initiative’s Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Estimator and success stories.
• Bill Wood, MoldMaking Technology Economics Editor, and President, Mountaintop Economics & Research
A candid discussion on what it means to consume competitiveness.
For the Technical Conference Program, you can choose from concurrent conference sessions that cover aspects of mold manufacturing, additive manufacturing and business development in panels, roundtables and lecture series.
• PANEL: How to Capitalize on Your Mold Maintenance and Repair Capabilities
PANEL: How to Save Time and Money with Conformal Cooling
• PANEL: How to Successfully Employ Five-Axis Machining
• PANEL: How to Be a Part of the Solution to Our Skilled Labor Shortage
• PANEL: How to Retain Customers and Gain New Business
Exploring Additive Manufacturing Materials to Get Tooling Release Faster
Additive Manufacturing and the Future of Rapid Product Development
• Technology Advances in Additive Manufacturing
• Beyond Prototypes: Using 3D Printing to Create Manufacturing Tools
Of special note is our inaugural co-location with the National Tooling and Machining Association (NTMA)’s Contract Purchasing Fair, which over the years has yielded more than 10,000 major customers participating, resulting in the placement of millions of dollars of work to attendees. The focus of the Fair is to align OEMs and other large companies with highly competitive and skilled domestic small to medium-sized manufacturers.
And don’t forget our annual Leadtime Leader Awards honoring your fellow moldmakers and our Networking Party where you can meet up and catch up. Check out full amerimold details online at amerimoldexpo.com and register today!
An injection mold expert speaks out against high-cavitation molds. There is a time and a place for them, he contends, but they should not be chosen for financial considerations alone.
A Series of International Standards for Quality Management and Quality Assurance
A look at some of the factors influencing the success of your machining center investment.