South Coast Mold Earns Water Efficiency and Green Certifications
After two months of hard work and remaining open through COVID-19, South Coast Mold has earned two awards:
- Water Star: Recognized as a Water-Efficient company (important in drought-stricken California)
- Replaced all faucet aerators with low-flow
- Replaced all toilets with low flush
- Replaced all urinals with low flush
- Reworked the landscape with drought-tolerant plants (no grass)
- Green Certification: This was significantly more work, time, and money than Water Star. There were 50 items to complete (some easy and other items were more difficult). The water section was already completed with the Water Star certification.
- Most expensive item was LED lighting upgrades to the shop (last year the shop upgraded office LED lighting).
- Most time-consuming item was gathering three solar quotes (commercial solar is expensive).
- Biggest change was recycling. South Coast has always recycled some items, but now the shop recycles even more items.
- The team learned that there are a lot of environmentally-friendly products when you know what to look for.
“It was a lot of work and money, but I am glad that we did it. I think the guys in the shop recognize that accomplishment too.” Paul Novak, South Coast Mold
To learn more about Green Business, click here.