IMTS Spark “Demo Days” Features Interactive Demonstrations, Concentrated Learning Opportunities
IMTS Demo Days offer users six technology focuses that run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. CT every Wednesday beginning February 3 to help job shops and OEMs find current and transformative equipment.
Photo Credit: IMTS spark
For six consecutive Wednesdays from February 3 to March 10, 2021, the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS, McLean, Vermont) will host “IMTS Demo Days” on its IMTS spark digital platform (if you haven’t already, check out the MMT live discussions too). Inspired by the pavilions at IMTS, which physically group related exhibitors, IMTS Demo Days organizes demonstrations of core manufacturing technologies within a specific time period. IMTS Demo Days run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. CT. Participants can interact with exhibitor’s during their presentations, which will be archived for viewing on demand at imts.com/spark.
The six IMTS Demo Day technology focuses and associated companies are:
- February 3: CNCs, Controls, Systems & Software; presenters include Mazak, Epicor Software, FANUC, Esprit/DP Technology, VKS – Visual Knowledge Share and Siemens Industry.
- February 10: Additive Manufacturing; presenters include Okuma America, Mazak, EOS, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, 3D Systems, Trumpf, Formlabs, Ingersoll Machine Tools, Autodesk and Bruker Corporation.
- February 17: Robots/Automation & Inspection; presenters include Okuma America, Doosan Machine Tools America, Germany Trade & Invest, Zeiss Industrial Quality Solutions, Renishaw, SAP America, Zoller, United Grinding North America, Autodesk, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence and 3M Abrasive Systems.
- February 24: Tooling & Workholding; presenters include BIG KAISER, Techniks Tool Group, Haimer USA, SMW Autoblock and Autodesk.
- March 3: Milling & Machining Centers; presenters include Mazak, Okuma America, United Grinding North America, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence and Autodesk.
- March 10: Turning/Production Machining; presenters include Okuma America , Mazak, Marubeni Citizen-Cincom, Sunnen Products, Heidenhain and Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence.
“IMTS Demo Days feature presentations from the industry’s most-respected technology leaders,” says Travis Egan, vice president and chief revenue officer at the Association For Manufacturing Technology (AMT), which owns and produces IMTS. “Each day offers a concentrated learning opportunity that will help job shops and OEMs find current and transformative equipment that enables them to better compete in this unprecedented era of transformation.
“IMTS Demo Days also features technology- and trend-focused conversations with AMT-leading experts and editors from Gardner Business Media (GBM), who will share insights gained during their visits to thousands of job shops and OEMs.”
View the Demo Days schedule here.
We are here at IMTS today! The second of six days pounding the pavement of the 1.3 million net square feet of exhibit space at McCormick Place in Chicago to visit some of the top moldmaking-related product, equipment and service providers of the more than 2,000 total exhibitors. Here is a sampling of what we've seen so far.
A recent press event showcased United Grinding’s wide range of machines available for mold manufacturing whether the mold builder needs perfectly polished radii for food and beverage applications or the multi-axis flexibility for highly precise mold threads.
Cutting tool manufacturer Ingersoll recently dedicated a day and a half of classroom instruction and demonstrations solely to our corner of the industry.