Job Opening: Lead LSR Molding Process Engineer
M.R. Mold & Engineering, located in Orange County, California, is looking for an individual to take the lead in our Tech Center. The Tech Center is home to 6 company-owned molding machines used to prove out molds built and do short run production.
Orange County mold maker is looking for an individual who has the ability to set-up, start-up, and process Liquid Silicone Rubber molds for mold trials and production in 70 to 210-ton molding machines. This individual will be responsible for the molds, material, and their processes within the scientific molding process.
- Use knowledge of Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) and thermoplastic manufacturing processes to make technical improvements to injection molding manufacturing equipment, processes, and methods to support process validation, continuous production, and improvements.
- Report to Management daily on the status of the Tech Center
- Set molds and establish a robust process window by applying Scientific Molding techniques along with design of experiments (DOEs).
- Specify the equipment required in the molding cell for an application, including electronics/hydraulics associated with molding
- Experience with Engel and Arburg molding machines
- Establish an injection molding and robotic process for all new jobs with acceptable process variation allowances and associated process window.
- Schedule jobs on molding presses for production and mold validations
- Develop a process to improve the quality and reduce the cost of molded components.
- Read and maintain a working knowledge of Quality Procedures and Work Instructions
- Provide technical process support to the organization. Mentor and train molding technicians on proper molding techniques.
- Establish documentation requirements for all processes including but not limited to Process sheets and database for set-up information, Work Instructions, job manuals, special notes, and maintain required history.
- Create and administer training programs for Process and Mold Setup Technicians as well as existing staff on new equipment and software updates.
- Maintain mold validation and production schedule and ensure technical issues are acknowledged and addressed to support schedule.
- Act as company liaison with customers when present during mold validations
- Manage material production inventory for all Tech Center job
- Prior experience as a Molding Technician
- Strong molding background with knowledge of Arburg and ENGEL molding machines
- Experience with LSR injection molding a PLUS.
- Knowledge with Scientific Molding technologies
- Exceptional injection molding expertise with a focus on machine operation and process control
- Ability to solve complex processing problems with engineering thermoplastics and silicone.
Pay is commensurate with experience and includes medical insurance, paid vacation, holiday, and sick days. A 401K is available. M.R. Mold is known globally for its experience and expertise in tight tolerance, flashless LSR, rubber, and plastic injection molds. M.R. Mold builds a prototype, production, and microinjection molds for medical and dental applications, consumer products, aerospace, and other industries. We offer the latest in technology, equipment, and software to every one of our 33 employees. We invite you to get to know us at www.MRMold.com.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
North American Lighting (NAL), located outside of Evansville, IN, seeks an individual to be responsible for second shift mold making production, at the Indiana Tool Plant (ITP), in Elberfeld, IN.
Paragon D&E will display two Cheto Corporation drilling machines at its Drilling Automation Showcase at the company’s facilities in Grand Rapids, Michigan, March 19-20, 2020, from 10 am to 5 pm.