Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Moldmaking Before You Entered The Field
December 2008 Top Ten List
- Didn’t know that a half day meant either the first 12 hours or the second 12 hours.
- Didn’t know to never touch the electrode and the machine at the same time.
- Didn’t know that 40+ years later when you mention moldmaking most people still think you are talking about something to do with Jello.
- Didn’t know that I would have to be a banker, or the bank!
- Didn’t know that when you yell out to borrow a hammer that someone would throw one at you.
- Shrink, what’s shrink?
- Didn’t know this industry would compete against $0.60/hour labor rates.
- Didn’t know how much math was involved.
- Didn’t know "R" is for rapid moves not reverse.
- Didn’t know a pocket scale is really a multi-functional tool: cut your danish with it; stir your coffee with it; clean under your nails with it and use it to do rough layouts on steel.
This list is compiled from the most popular answers to a reader poll.
Knowing how a machine is tuned will improve your decision making for mold construction and adjustments.
The 5S system is a working tool for ISO 9001:2015 that was developed to help mangers and work personnel systematically achieve greater organization, standardization, efficiency and safety in the workplace.
Valve gate installations must be made to manufacturer specs to obtain the advantages necessary for competitive production of injection molded parts in today’s marketplace.