Time to Share Your Top 10
MMT's annual "Top 10 Reasons to be a Moldmaker" contest reflects the community, camaraderie and sense of humor that has come to define the mold manufacturing industry. If your submission is selected, it will be printed on our annual t-shirt that is distributed at Amerimold from the MoldMaking Technology booth.
We want to know your number one reason(s) to be a moldmaker. The funnier the better, so don't hold back! And you can win great prizes! We'll pick the top 10 and print them on a one-of-a-kind t-shirt that we'll distribute to Amerimold attendees in Novi, Michigan at Suburban Collection Showplace, June 13-14, 2018.
Top Reasons to Participate:
- All participants will receive a free exhibit hall pass and a Top 10 Reasons to Be a MoldMaker t-shirt!
- Authors of submissions selected for the Top 10 will receive a free a pass to the exhibit hall and networking party. Plus, your name, title, and company name will be listed in the event directory!
- The author of the #1 Reason to Be a MoldMaker will receive all of the above and a $50 Visa gift card!
Here are some past submissions to get your mind going:
- Free, hot glycol showers.
- Women love all the small cuts on your hands.
- You can always throw your mistakes under your neighbor’s bench.
- The hot chip burns on your cheek make you look like the Marlboro Man.
- It’s fun to prove engineers wrong.
- Free manicures, submitted by Lefty and Tommy Two Fingers.
- Why let the Chinese have all the fun?
- Where else can you run a five-ton overhead crane without a license?
- The wife makes unique Jell-O desserts.
- It let's me fill deep cavities with a hard tool all day long.
- The first moldmaker was God.
- You get to play with sharp pointy objects.
- You learn how to read backwards.
- You can tell another guy to “lube it up” and not get a weird look.
- Starting a job with no prints.
- You can retire on the tool collection
- Being able to tell the engineer "I made it like you drew it".
- Love the smell of waylube in the morning.
- Flirts daily … with disaster!
- Free electro shock therapy
- You love the way that chips scratch your cornea every time you blink.
- You get rebates from Band-Aid.
- Tetanus shots are so much fun.
- Job security
- Opening bottlenecks.
- Moldmakers’ wives love all their free time.
- It's never the molds fault.
- The CNC machine runs 90 hours on a 30-minute job.
- Vacations are overrated.
- You are not available for Saturday “honey-do’s”.
- Foreigners also love my job.
- You get to spend millions on personal tools.
- Moldmakers do it with precision.
- Moldmakers get off on injection.
- You enjoy attempting the impossible.
- Guys just love a girl coated with sawdust.
- You get to ask all the guys to help with the mold board.
- Guys can't resist a girl that can operate a CNC router.
This Canadian mold manufacturer identifies teamwork and quality as critical to its ability to drive continued success.
A five-axis machining center and better CAM software helped this mold shop dramatically improve throughput and profitability.
SPE presented its moldmaker and mold designer of the year awards to Harry Raimondi of Bales Metal Surface Solutions (Downer’s Grove, Illinois) and Chris Hanes of Micro Mold Company Inc. and Plastikos Inc. (Erie, Pennsylvania).