Time to Share Your Top 10
MMT's annual "Top 10 Reasons to be a Moldmaker" contest reflects the community, camaraderie and sense of humor that has come to define the mold manufacturing industry. If your submission is selected, it will be printed on our annual t-shirt that is distributed at Amerimold from the MoldMaking Technology booth.
We want to know your number one reason(s) to be a moldmaker. The funnier the better, so don't hold back! And you can win great prizes! We'll pick the top 10 and print them on a one-of-a-kind t-shirt that we'll distribute to Amerimold attendees in Novi, Michigan at Suburban Collection Showplace, June 13-14, 2018.
Top Reasons to Participate:
- All participants will receive a free exhibit hall pass and a Top 10 Reasons to Be a MoldMaker t-shirt!
- Authors of submissions selected for the Top 10 will receive a free a pass to the exhibit hall and networking party. Plus, your name, title, and company name will be listed in the event directory!
- The author of the #1 Reason to Be a MoldMaker will receive all of the above and a $50 Visa gift card!
Here are some past submissions to get your mind going:
- Free, hot glycol showers.
- Women love all the small cuts on your hands.
- You can always throw your mistakes under your neighbor’s bench.
- The hot chip burns on your cheek make you look like the Marlboro Man.
- It’s fun to prove engineers wrong.
- Free manicures, submitted by Lefty and Tommy Two Fingers.
- Why let the Chinese have all the fun?
- Where else can you run a five-ton overhead crane without a license?
- The wife makes unique Jell-O desserts.
- It let's me fill deep cavities with a hard tool all day long.
- The first moldmaker was God.
- You get to play with sharp pointy objects.
- You learn how to read backwards.
- You can tell another guy to “lube it up” and not get a weird look.
- Starting a job with no prints.
- You can retire on the tool collection
- Being able to tell the engineer "I made it like you drew it".
- Love the smell of waylube in the morning.
- Flirts daily … with disaster!
- Free electro shock therapy
- You love the way that chips scratch your cornea every time you blink.
- You get rebates from Band-Aid.
- Tetanus shots are so much fun.
- Job security
- Opening bottlenecks.
- Moldmakers’ wives love all their free time.
- It's never the molds fault.
- The CNC machine runs 90 hours on a 30-minute job.
- Vacations are overrated.
- You are not available for Saturday “honey-do’s”.
- Foreigners also love my job.
- You get to spend millions on personal tools.
- Moldmakers do it with precision.
- Moldmakers get off on injection.
- You enjoy attempting the impossible.
- Guys just love a girl coated with sawdust.
- You get to ask all the guys to help with the mold board.
- Guys can't resist a girl that can operate a CNC router.