Predictive Tooling Calculator Reduces Production Costs, Improves Quality
The digital tool from Machine Metrics diagnoses, predicts and avoids tool damage and quality issues with a specific list of variables.
Machine Metrics showcases the Predictive Tooling Calculator which diagnoses, predicts and avoids tool damage and quality issues—such as subtle anomalies in machine load, torque, acceleration and spindle speed—before it happens. This, in turn, can also reduce production costs, from machine downtime, damaged tools or scrapped parts.
Predictive calculator variables include answering the following questions:
- How much do you spend on tooling per machine per month?
- What's the average remaining Tool Life when changing tool?
- How many parts are scrapped when a tool fails (break or wears)?
- What is the average cost of a part?
- What's the average downtime (hours) from tooling issues per machine per month?
- What's the hourly billing rate of a machine?
Try out the Predictive Tooling Calculator here.
Tool steel refers to a variety of carbon and alloy steels that are particularly well-suited to be made into tools, however, special attention needs to be paid during their heat treatment so as to achieve the best properties for a given application.
Understanding why insulation is a key to heater life and performance.
The latest battle in finely detailed restoration/repair of mold materials.