Comprehensive CAM Software Update Highlights Improved Support and Machine Tool Solutions
DP Technology’s ESPRIT 2020 product update includes an expansion to its CAD software and solutions for Swiss-type machine models and mill-turn support.
Photo Credit: DP Technology
DP Technology highlights a comprehensive product update, the ESPRIT 2020, for its computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software. According to the company, among the most significant developments, are updates to the software’s CAD interfaces and new or improved solutions for specific machine tools.
DP Technology notes that updated support for its CAD software, includes SolidWorks 2020, SolidEdge 2020, PTC Creo 6.0 and NX 1847. This improved CAD support enables users to better design and visualize parts before manufacturing begins.
Further, ESPRIT 2020 is said to feature a wide array of updates for Swiss-type machining, introducing or enhancing support for 200 different Swiss-type machine models, including:
- Citizen D25, which features three channels, 3x Y-axis, 3x Z-axis, B-axis front and back
- Star SV 38R, which features three channels and a B-axis
- Tsugami SS38, a chucker-convertible sliding headstock lathe with B-axis
- Tornos machines
- Seamless integration of laser cutting operations for Tsugami and Citizen
- Willemin-Macodel MT series machines
Finally, ESPRIT 2020 expands mill-turn support to the following machines:
- Index G200 and G220, featuring two and three turrets and a disk turret mounted on a B-axis
- Miyano BNE 51 MSY, featuring three X-axes and three Z-axes
- Traub TNX, featuring simultaneous independent machining with up to four tool carriers
- CMZ TTL, featuring two turrets and two spindles
Enhanced profile threading and probing capabilities round out the product release.
A process has been developed that uses a mold with two parting levels, which alternately open.
Integrated CAD/CAM software that combines CAD, CAM, electrode design and CMM programming capabilities in one system can save you time and effort in the following five ways:
A few key mold design strategies can go a long way in improving your mold building operations and customer support.