Public to Help Identify Needed National Policy Changes

Plante Moran and the Reshoring Initiative invite companies to take the U.S. Manufacturing Reshoring Study survey to identify targeted reshoring strategies.

Related Topics:

Plante Moran and the Reshoring Initiative will jointly launch the pivotal U.S. Manufacturing Reshoring Study. Both organizations encourage businesses to participate in the study’s survey. Responses will provide valuable insights into how much manufacturers offshore, what drives them to offshore and what U.S. policy changes would motivate them to reshore. Manufacturers and distributors can complete the survey online. The Trump Administration, Congress and survey respondents will have access to the survey findings later this year. The survey takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and will close at 8:00 pm (EDT) on Friday, October 20, 2017.

For the first time in decades, more manufacturing jobs are returning to the United States than are going offshore. However, about 4 million manufacturing jobs have still been lost to offshoring over the last decade, based on the $500 billion U.S. trade deficit. The Reshoring Initiative concludes that about 25 percent of these jobs can be brought back at current levels of U.S. competitiveness. The survey will provide insight on the mix of policy changes that are necessary to reshore the other 75 percent.