New Show Dates for SUR/FIN 2021
Looking forward to providing a live event, NASF committee members have reschedule SUR/FIN for Nov. 2-4, 2021, when pandemic restrictions are expected to ease up.
The National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF, Washington D.C.) announced on Feb. 3 that it is moving its annual SUR/FIN event and Manufacturing & Technology Conference from July 2021 to November 2-4, 2021. The tradeshow and conference will remain in Detroit, Michigan, at
the TCF Center.
“While moving the event from its scheduled date in July to November was not a decision that the association took lightly, we believe that moving the event to the third quarter of 2021 will show a trend towards a more normalized environment and lead to a very successful SUR/FIN 2021,” says Steve Smith, chairman of the NASF SUR/FIN Steering Committee.
NASF SUR/FIN’s goal is to provide the finishing community and the broader market with a live surface finishing show in a comfortable and safe environment. Given the current picture, the committee also want to ensure it has sufficient time to plan the best event and experience possible
for exhibitors, speakers and attendees.
This year’s event, says NASF, will be an excellent opportunity for the industry to come back together after its hiatus last year, and the association is eager to work with our SUR/FIN exhibitors, customers, members and colleagues in the broader surface technology value chain to put on a successful show.
Benefits of moving the show to November include:
- Significant medical breakthroughs: On the heels of several major announcements regarding vaccinations and therapeutics, the outlook is bright for live events in the third quarter of the year.
- Confidence in the ability to hold the event: The state of Michigan restrictions on large gatherings are expected to be lifted in the second quarter.
- Easing of travel restrictions: Many corporations are still under significant travel restrictions, several of which are expected to be lifted in the second half of 2021.
- Gives attendees more time to plan: By making the announcement of the date change now, attendees will be able to save the very important new dates on their calendars.
- Provides venue and event industry supplier recovery time: The event industry has been devastated by this pandemic, and the date change gives the industry and the convention center a chance to implement best practices in this “new normal.”
For more information about SUR/FIN 2021 in November, or to reserve exhibit space, please visit www.nasfsurfin.com.