| 2 MINUTE READ
New Resources Enable International Attendees to Make Their NPE2012 Visit Easier, More Productive
Assistance from SPI and the U.S. Government Helps to Simplify Attending a Great Plastics Exposition Located ‘at the Crossroads of International Trade’
Now online at www.npe.org are resources that can help international visitors get the most benefit from next year’s greatest plastics exposition, it was announced today by SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association, producer of the triennial NPE.
Scheduled for April 1-5, 2012 in Orlando, Florida, U.S.A., NPE2012 will attract plastics professionals from more than 100 countries. These visitors may now register online at www.npe.org. and can access a multilingual section of the website that provides information on NPE2012 and instructions regarding visitor delegations and visa requirements, with links to relevant government agencies.
At the same time, SPI is preparing resources and amenities for use by international visitors during NPE2012 itself, including an International Trade Center at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) in Orlando.
“International visitors come to NPE because it is a showplace for all the latest technologies and is situated at the crossroads of international trade, with exhibitors, conference presenters, and attendees from around the world,” said Gene Sanders, SPI’s senior vice president of trade shows and conferences. “NPE2012 presents a unique opportunity for companies seeking suppliers, customers, or business partners in the giant marketplace of the Americas, a vast region that stretches from Canada to Chile and has annual plastics shipments well in excess of US $500-billion.”
The new venue in Orlando—after 40 years when NPE took place in Chicago—presents a particularly attractive opportunity for visitors from Latin America, according to Sanders: “We expect record Latin American attendance because of the relative proximity of Orlando to countries in the region, the popularity of Florida as a destination, and the strength and prosperity of the extensive plastics industries in Brazil and Mexico.”
Valuable Information and Web Links on Multilingual Pages at www.npe.org
By visiting the NPE2012 website and clicking on “Attend,” then “International,” attendees can access information in English and seven other languages on the following:
● U.S. Visas. General and country-specific information is available on which visitors require visas to enter the United States, the visa application process, lead times, fees, documentation, letters of invitation from SPI, and interviews with U.S. representatives. SPI urges international visitors who require U.S. visas to begin the application process early to ensure that visas are obtained in time to travel to NPE2012.
● International visitor delegations. The U.S. Commercial Service, whose representatives work in U.S. embassies and consulates around the world, will organize visitor delegations to NPE2012 from many countries. Delegations can provide discounts on registration fees, group travel plans, guidance in obtaining visas, interpreters, appointments with prospective suppliers or business contacts, and meeting rooms at the show. For NPE2009, the U.S. Commercial Service recruited 32 delegations from 25 countries.
● International Trade Center at NPE2012. SPI will host this extensive facility in Halls WF 1 and 2 in the West Building of the OCCC. It will provide special services and amenities for international visitors and programs to promote trade between the U.S. and other countries. The Center will be staffed with specialists from the U.S. Department of Commerce, interpreters fluent in several languages, and SPI personnel equipped to answer questions relating to NPE2012 exhibitors and products. In addition, a concierge staff will be available to assist with questions about Orlando and its attractions.
● Up-to-date NPE2012 News Archives containing all news releases about NPE2012 in English, Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
● Information on Orlando. In addition to a special section of www.npe.org providing information on Orlando attractions and discounts for NPE2012 attendees, the website www.visitorlando.com provides a wealth of information in English and seven other languages.