Moldmaking Hits Nebraska
Looking for an opportunity to see what’s new in products and technologies for mold building and molding? Then join MMT on October 3rd in Grand Island, Nebraska.
Hawk Mold and Die Supply, Inc. has selected Grand Island, Nebraska to hold its 7th Product & Technology Showcase. Hawk has supplied its customers with mold and die components, from plastics processing products and abrasives to standard and special mold components, since 1987. Emphasizing “Made in USA” whenever possible, for over 27 years Hawk has been the largest PCS stocking distributor in the US. This year Hawk has selected Nebraska to hold our event.
Hawk’s Product and Technology Showcase is taking place from 1-7pm, October 3rd at the Pinnacle Bank Expo Center at Fonner Park 700E Stolley Park Rd. Grand Island, NE 68801.
The showcase will feature representatives from each of the company’s vendors covering all aspects of mold building and processing. Following is the list of suppliers who will have representatives on hand to present their latest product offerings:
- Boride Abrasives: Abrasives and polishing supplies for the “mold maker”. Stones, polishing equipment, gunsmith & specialty kits, mounted point and accessories
- Endurance Carbide: Specialty carbide pins & bushings for molders and metal stamping
- International Mold Steel: A unique line of pre-hardened mold steels, tool steels, and cold work die steels and matric high-speed dream steels.
- Nexthermal: Industrial heaters for injection molds; Cartridge, Coil, Nextflex heaters
- PCS Company: Complete line of mold components, mold bases, hot runners replacement parts, controllers, hot sprue bushings and more!
- Precision Punch: Standard perforators, perforating punches to print, specials to print, core pins, valve pins
- Performance Alloys: Manufacturer of Beryllium-free Copper Alloy, standard and special mold components
- Red E Innovations: Mold Data Storage, Real Time Cycle Count
- Slide Products: Rust preventatives, releases, mold cleaners, purging compounds
- Zeiger Industries:Screws, end caps and nozzle tips for injection molding
- Additional Hawk Products on display: Hitachi Hard Milling Tools, Diamond tools for machining graphite, Part containment Products- mold shields, skirts, gaylord covers and Metal Rust Guard.
Equipment demonstrations include:
- A Die-Sep mold splitters/tippers that can hold molds more than 15,000 pounds.
- A small conveyor system from Tec Engineering, conveying and automation equipment for the plastics industry
- End of arm tools from SAS
Special offers include a number of door prizes, and if you pre-register and attend, you will be included in a special drawing for a $300 gift card courtesy of Die-Sep, makers of Mold Splitters and Tippers.
With a firm understanding of the effects of injection on the core, slide and associated components, this second of two articles will discuss emerging modular technologies which provide alternatives to the limited solutions previously available.
A process has been developed that uses a mold with two parting levels, which alternately open.
Understanding why insulation is a key to heater life and performance.