This episode is brought to you by ISCAR with New Ideas for Machining Intelligently.
MoldMaking Technology’s 30 Under 30 Honors Program shows off the next-generation of talent making an impact across the mold manufacturing marketplace. Their stories are impressive and their energy is incredible! Working on this program has only increased my passion for this community!
Here are just a few tidbits from this 30 Under 30 honoree to whet your appetite for our full conversation:
- Penn State University graduate with a degree in industrial engineering
- Took a gap year and worked in the restaurant business where a crucial connection was made to the steel industry
- Pacing is critical to career management (shares here 8-hour completion strategy)
- Fell in love with lean because it aligns with her love of puzzles; it is an organizational process for problem-solving.
- Thrives on teamwork and collaboration
- Key moment in her career so far is being nominated for green belt for lean Six Sigma certification, and winning!
- Working to climb up the Six Sigma ladder
- Shares her sales pitch for careers in mold manufacturing to high schoolers
- And so much more ...
A look at some of the factors influencing the success of your machining center investment.
The 5S system is a working tool for ISO 9001:2015 that was developed to help mangers and work personnel systematically achieve greater organization, standardization, efficiency and safety in the workplace.
Using aluminum tooling instead of traditional tools steels reduces cycle time and costs, but requires up-front, open communications between moldmaker, molder, material supplier and hot runner manifold supplier.