Additive Manufacturing Workshop for Plastics at Amerimold Announces Complete Program
The additive and subtractive worlds of manufacturing actually do play nicely together, which is why MoldMaking Technology has always covered the various technologies. In recent years advances in 3D printing and additive manufacturing have really picked up, so this year I helped organize a lineup of presentations for our Additive Manufacturing Workshop for Plastics taking place during Amerimold this June.
Taking place alongside Amerimold, June 13, 2019 in Rosemont, Illinois, the AM Workshop is uniquely situated in the heart of injection molding and moldmaking. Presented by Additive Manufacturing Media, Plastics Technology and MoldMaking Technology, this 3D printing workshop will present practical applications of 3D technologies related to plastics processing. Topics include production at scale, digital modeling, design considerations, 3D printing vs injection molding and medical applications.
Introduction to the AM Workshop for Plastics by Additive Manufacturing Media Editor-in-Chief Pete Zelinski; Guests Marc Mitchell, Design Center Manager, Byrne Tool + Design and Lester Jones, Vice President, Custom Mold & Design and TeamVantage will briefly share their experience with 30 printed molds using a Stratasys J750 and building conformal-cooled inserts with the Matsuura Lumex machine.
- "Is AM Ready to Produce One Million Production Parts in a Real Manufacturing Setting?" Steve Chillscyzn, CEO, Evolve Additive Solutions
- "Digital Transformation: A Practical Application for 3D Printing in Production” Ken Burns, Technical Sales Director, Forecast 3D
- “The Difference Between Designing for Additive Manufacturing and Injection Molding for Production" Jason Lopes, Production Development Engineer, Carbon
- "Panel Discussion: The Advance of 3D Printing into Scale Production" Moderated by Additive Manufacturing Media; Steve Chillscyzn, Evolve Additive Solutions / Ken Burns, Forecast 3D / Jason Lopes,Carbon / HP
- "Keynote: How Additive Manufacturing and Digital Technologies are Changing the Face of Dental/Medical Education and Patient Care" Dr. Gerald Grant, Chair, Oral Care and Rehabilitation, University of Louisville
The full agenda is available here. Registration is now open.
Attendees will also have access to the technical sessions and equipment demos on the Amerimold show floor. Presentations cover conformal cooling, hot runner maintenance, how public policy affects the industry and more.
The AM Workshop is part of a suite of industrial 3D printing events being held this year, including the 3-day Additive Manufacturing Conference in Austin in August and a co-located composites event with CAMX in September. Event details are available at www.additiveconference.com.
SL modeling and rapid tooling methods combine to produce durable epoxy injection molds that generate production-quality parts in record time.
Why you should be aware of it and where it’s headed.
MMT presents a compilation of digital-only new/proven product content. Cutting tools, machining, AM, software and inspection/measurement categories are showcased in this latest roundup.