Hasco America, Inc. (Fletcher, NC) offers TOOLOX® tool steel as an alternative to conventional plastic mold steel materials 1.2311 and 1.2312.
Hasco America, Inc. (Fletcher, NC) offers TOOLOX® tool steel as an alternative to conventional plastic mold steel materials 1.2311 and 1.2312. The advantages of the TOOLOX steel grades 33 and 44 are particularly highly valued, not only in moldmaking, but also in the production of high quality tool and machine components.
TOOLOX 33 is a pre-hardened and tempered tool steel with exceptionally low residual stresses in ESR quality. As a result of its extraordinarily high toughness, with a 1080 N/mm² tensile strength, and its high dimensional stability, it is particularly well suited for injection molds. Despite its high strength, TOOLOOX 33 can be machined more easily than other pre-hardened and tempered grades of tool steel. TOOLOX 33 is available in the familiar HASCO standard dimensions as a P1100 standard plate. Special sizes can be supplied on request.
TOOLOX 44 is the only quality tool steel supplied ex stock worldwide that is pre-hardened to 45 HRC. Normal pre-machining and heat treatment processes are not required, thus reducing costs and the risk of scrap. TOOLOX 44 can also be supplied in special dimensions to meet customer requirements.
Some of the fundamental positive properties are comparable for the two steels:
• Costs reduced and time saved as a result of outstandingly good processing characteristics
• Exceptionally low residual stresses and therefore nearly distortion-free machining
• High dimensional stability, even at high cutting rates
• As a result of high temperature tolerance (590°C) they can be gas-nitrided and PVD-coated
• Homogeneous structure for excellent polishing and etching results
• Outstanding heat conductivity values improve mold cycle times and tool life.