Okuma America Corporation will display eight new machines, one of which is Okuma’s largest five-axis machine to date. All machines on display will be equipped with peripheral equipment, software and accessories from members of Partners in THINC.
Okuma’s theme, “Go Beyond”, represents Okuma’s dedication to providing state-of-the-art innovation through strength of technology, depth of service and support, and expansive breadth of product. This empowers customers to increase productivity, improve quality and reduce costs.
The following machines will be on display:
- The MU-10000H CNC is the largest of the Okuma MU range of five-axis horizontal high-speed machining centers. The machine has a large trunnion table with 1 meter square pallet with capabilities of high torque and high speed machining. It has a maximum work piece weight capacity of 5,500 pounds and work piece size capacity of 59.05” diameter by 44.29” high. The machine is designed for the most difficult applications while retaining Okuma’s high standard of design stability and accuracy, providing the user with a long lasting, efficient production platform.
- The LT3000-EX offers three turrets for optimum flexibility and a balanced main and right spindle. The 16-station M-function turrets have bolt-mount tooling and allow for redundant tooling in order to best utilize back-up tools for lights-out manufacturing or high production runs. This machine features Machining-Navi and Collision Avoidance System.
- The LU3000-EX provides high production tied with thermal stability. This machine incorporates the latest in live tooling technology where the tooling is bolted to the turret for optimum support and power engagement. The IMTS featured machine will showcase Machining-Navi, Thermo-Friendly Concept and harmonic spindle speed control (HSSC).
- The MB-10000H is Okuma’s largest horizontal machining center. This machine is built on the Thermo-Friendly Concept and includes Thermo-Friendly TAS-S and TAS-C providing a highly-stable machine platform.
- The VTM-1200YB five-axis control vertical multitasking machine enables turning of relatively large, complex-shaped parts and process-intensive machining with five-axis multitasking to achieve high production efficiency.
- The Millac-33TU features a 2-axis rotary table and THINC®-OSP Control. This machine is a combination five-axis vertical lathe/vertical machining center that performs heavy-duty milling and turning operations in one set-up.
- The Multus B200II, is a general purpose, multi-function machine that is designed to reduce set-up time by virtually eliminating repetitive fixture. The IMTS machine features a sub-spindel (W), P300S control, Machining-Navi, Super NURBS, tool center point control and Blum gaging.
- The Multus B750W features THINC-OSP Control, Collision Avoidance System, and Thermo-Friendly Concept. This machine is designed to hand the part from one spindle to the other to complete milling and turning operations without changing the part.
In addition to Okuma machines, members of Partners in THINC will be on hand demonstrating peripheral equipment, software and accessories. The Okuma THINC control will be featured, showcasing Advanced OneTouch and other software and applications. Representatives of the Okuma service network, Okuma CARE, will be on hand to demonstrate new technology and applications available to Okuma users.
Okuma will be at IMTS 2012 in Booth S-8500.
More technology – a lot more!
IMTS 2012 will be the year’s largest showcase of new product technologies and new process innovations. If you’re looking for machining, tooling, systems, software, solutions and more, you’ll find it at IMTS 2012.