CNC machine tool manufacturer Okuma America Corporation announced that Jeff Estes, director, Partners in THINC, will be speaking at the NTMA Plant Managers Roundtable at Modern Industries in Phoenix, Arizona on Wednesday, February 8, 2017. Estes will discuss the various types of automation devices that make lights-out manufacturing possible in addition to the advantages and challenges of each type of automization.
Estes’ presentation will examine:
- Supporting technologies like tool life management and metrology, which are critical to lights-out manufacturing.
- How to prep equipment with larger tool capacity, larger lube tanks and agile workholding for unattended, extended runs.
- Why IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) is critical to ensuring the highest utilization of automation equipment. Notification of offline machines and real-time data is essential for maintaining shop floor efficiency and productivity.
- Workforce talent needed to maintain productive systems.
Other Roundtable sessions include:
- Apprenticeship/Workforce Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Additive Manufacturing
- Big Data – Leveraging Shop Floor Data
- Pant Productivity/Lean Principles
For more information and to register for the event contact Brittany Belko at NTMA, email@example.com or call 216.264.2848.
Editor's PickGF Machining Solutions Appoints New Head of Sales for Central Region
GF Machining Solutions recently named Stephan Swanson as its new head of sales in the Central region of the United States.