Heroes from the American Mold

MMT has supported iWarriors since its inception back in 2011 and we've covered the organization's efforts since then on the pages of the magazine as well as online. Well today, we are continuing that support by helping them announce the 2016 iWarriors Challenge.

�

MMT has supported iWarriors since its inception back in 2011 and we've covered the organization's efforts since then on the pages of the magazine as well as online. Well today, we are continuing that support by helping them announce the 2016 iWarriors Challenge.

iWarriors is in its fifth year as a 501(c)3 nonprofit.  I can't believe it has already been that long. Supporters from the mold building industry have been instrumental in raising awareness and funds to support around 380 combat wounded service men and women by contributing more than $252,000. This organization has enriched the lives of these men and women of our Armed Forces with iPad packages allowing them to stay connected with loved ones while recuperating from devastating injuries.

According to founders Tim and Kim Bartz of Mold Craft in Willernie, Minnesota, 2015 proved to be a record-breaking year in which $83,000 was raised to support 115 Purple Heart recipients.  Of this, more than $21,000 was raised by special events held by AMBA members and partners that included iWarriors apparel purchases, a 5k race, snowmobile ride, and a handful of golf outings sponsored by shops and local chapters.  

As in previous years Mold Craft is challenging everyone to donate $650 or more to the iWarriors iPad program in 2016.  ($650 is the approximate cost of each iPad package). This year upgrades will be made to each package to include the iPadAir2 as well as upgrades to the earbud and protective cases included.  Tools necessary for holding an “In Shop Challenge”  to get employees involved can be found on the website. 

If you haven't already, please take some time to read up on iWarriors and then consider contributing by clicking here. 98.5 percent of every dollar raised goes to purchase products included in the iPad packages. The remaining 1.5 percent goes to the nonprofit St Croix Valley Foundation that manages the fund.

An iWarriors iPad presentation at Camp Pendleton, Balboa Naval Hospital and Workshops for Warriors to coincide with MD&M West in mid February is in the planning stages.  Space is limited, so email if you are interested in attending.

 

 

 

Comments are reviewed by moderators before they appear to ensure they meet Moldmaking Technology’s submission guidelines.
blog comments powered by Disqus