“Being selected as a Leadtime Leader has provided good exposure. Companies that had heard of us in the past, but had never given us a chance to perform, contacted us with opportunities. Opportunities that we have capitalized on! In the end it has meant continued growth and recognition for years of hard teamwork.”—Brad Borne, Ideas, Inc. (Green, OH), a 2005 Leadtime Leader.
In these globally competitive times, some shops are implementing some amazing things to keep their businesses running … successfully. Technology know-how, business smarts, creative thinking, courageous risk-taking, a long-term outlook, passionate industry promotion, and a strong hope for the future are some of the qualities found in today’s leading shops. These are the shops succeeding and these are the shops we are looking to honor. Does this sound like your shop?
Since 2002, MoldMaking Technology magazine has held its Leadtime Leader Competition to find and honor shops who set an example of what can be done, and what should be done, to survive today. It recognizes outstanding U.S. moldmaking shops and their ability to succeed in a globally competitive environment. Winners are chosen by a panel of judges—made up of editorial advisory board members and the editorial staff—who consider the nominees’ performance in the following categories:
- Leadtime (dependent upon mold complexity and industries served)
- Current and project sales growth
- Innovation in the moldmaking process and the business side of moldmaking (a. employee/training, b. strategic plan and c. value-added services–product development, molding, etc.)
- Technology used to help with the bottom line (automation, high-speed machining, software, etc.)
- Industry involvement (via associations, schools and government)
- Customer service
MoldMaking Technology magazine presents the winners to the industry at an awards ceremony during the MoldMaking Expo’s Networking Event. In addition, representatives of the winning companies participate in a free Leadtime Leader Panel Discussion—also held during the Expo. Members of the panel will offer a five- to 10-minute presentation of their company, and will be available for questions and answers with the audience.
There are a variety of benefits that go along with being a Leadtime Leader winner—all which center around promoting the value of your shop—including:
- A full feature cover story.
- The opportunity to join our Editorial Advisory Board.
- Two complimentary MoldMaking Expo full conference registration passes (which includes a free two-day exhibit hall pass and lunch vouchers).
- One complimentary hotel room for two nights.
- Press releases to all related Web sites, trade shows and publications.
- New MoldMaking Technology magazine “Top Ten Reasons to Be a MoldMaker” t-shirt(s).
So, has your shop taken some new and innovative steps to dramatically reduce leadtimes? We want to know about it. MoldMaking Technology magazine is on the hunt for 2006’s Leadtime Leaders. The process is easy: fill out a simple entry form and send it in. It will be reviewed and an editor will be in touch for more details, which serve as the basis of the decision. For any interested suppliers, if you think that one of your customers may be a Leadtime Leader, let us know by nominating them. Now is the time to take the lead for your shop and enter it into next year’s competition.